Circular by Design: View our 2016 Sustainability Report & Video6:00 AM
Through our new sustainability strategy and our commitment to transform the everyday, we are creating a sustainable and healthy future together.
At IFF, we have always been inspired by nature and dedicated to helping it thrive. Infused with our focus on forging new possibilities for a more abundant world, we have made great strides over the past several years to be greener and to continually improve, deepening the role of sustainability as an enabler of our overall Vison 2020 business strategy. We’re proud to share recent outcomes in our 2016 Sustainability Report.
Here are some more important ways we have turned our goals into actions last year:
- We launched a new sustainability vision & strategy, centered on the concept of a circular economy. We exceeded our corporate goal of a 50% reduction in water use intensity (2010 baseline) by achieving a 58.5% reduction.
- Our CEO and Chairman, Andreas Fibig was elected to the Executive Committee of the World Business Council for Sustainable Development.
- We opened on-site wind turbine at our Tilburg, Netherlands facility – an industry first.
- We initiated the Vetiver Together partnership to improve the lives of Haitian vetiver farmers and strengthen the supply chain.
- We launched the first-ever Cradle to Cradle Certified™ fragrance, PuraVita™.
We continue to build on these efforts.
We aligned our strategy to several of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals to do our part to realize these goals by 2030 and driving transformational change. We invite you to explore our vision, strategy, and goals and learn more about the circular economy in our guide and watch the video below:
“We are a company of pioneering firsts and thrive on pushing the boundaries of limitless possibilities,” says Andreas Fibig, our CEO and Chairman.
Learn more about our progress in measuring our environmental performance worldwide, the unbounded possibilities of products and processes that are restorative and regenerative by design and the hard work our sensational people contribute every day to make our world – and our company - a better place in greater detail: Circular by Design: IFF 2016 Sustainability Report.